November 18, 2005

Goblet of Fire

Anna Beth and I are staying with a family that Shannon knows through Off the Fence. They were nice enough to give us a room to share. It's about a 20 minute walk from Shannon's house. We slept in today and then walked to her house for breakfast. We had decided that today would be the day we would go see Harry Potter (the new one came out here today like it did in the US). Since it gets dark so early around here (black as night by 5:00) we didn't do too much else.
The movie was really good. If you love the books, you may be disappointed though because they had to leave out so much. It was really neat to hear phases that I've learned here and understand the whole culture a little bit better. It was almost 3 hours long, so we came out right as the sun was setting. We walked down to Brighton Pier and took pictures and walked around some. Then we went out to dinner at a restaurant in town.
Tomorrow, Anna Beth and I are on our own until 3:30. Shannon is going to pick up G and J at the airport. It's a 2 hour busride from here. We are going to go in town and shop some and sit in a coffee shop and read.
I love that everyone here offers you a cup of tea. It's almost expected. I also love that life is slower and not as crazy, but that could also be because I'm on vacation.... I love that there are 100 year old churches next to a row house with a Mini Cooper outside in the driveway. I love that everyone has an accent because I can't stop laughing at every thing they say.
I've been here for a whole week now and I still have another one to go. Sunday is going to be crazy. We have to be at the bus stop at 5:15AM!!! Then we fly to Scotland and I get to fall in love with a whole 'nother country. We are praying that it won't be freezing cold. The weather turns really cold once the sun goes down here and Scotland is even further north. Oh, well. We'll enjoy it cold or not....

(sorry pictures wouldn' t work today)
View Guestbook][Sign Guestbook]

No comments: