February 17, 2010

snow jumpers

The day after the second part of the giant blizzard of 2010, the sun came out. It was glorious.

The day before looked like this.....

But now, the sun was out and the world didn't seem so dark and scary....well, minus the 5 ft snow drifts that looked like the Grand Canyon in miniature form. And the icicles that could kill you.


Anyway, as I was walking around in the waist high snow, I started snapping photos. When I reached the Lodge, which is where my office is, the boys were there. They decided to jump off the parking posts, that were pretty much covered in snow, into the HUGE drifts. Just for funsies.

Careful....careful. The ambulance can't come and save you if you break something. And we can't leave to get you TO anywhere either.



Ready.....Set......




......Leap!



Here's the next one. Ready....


......Steady.....


....JUMP!


Or fly. Which every you chose.


I sang this song the entire time I was creating this post. As soon as I typed that title, I couldn't get it out of my head. 90's classic. Sing along. You know you want to....

4 comments:

Kristi-Anna said...

That picture of the walkway by the Rec Hall is CRAZY!!! And where is the picture of you jumping from the posts?

Anonymous said...

this doesn't seem normal.

Allison Drew said...

I had 2 reactions to this post.
1. OH. MY. GOODNESS.
2. AHahahahahaha! Oh how I miss the late 90s.

Anonymous said...

All of me wishes I could be there with you!
Oklahoma is just plain cold. Get it, plain... Oklahoma... plains... Heh heh...?
http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/G/GR015.html