November 26, 2007

my worth

"you are worth Jesus to God"

I heard that statement from a pastor at our church during one of his sermons a couple years ago. On those days when I don't feel very good about myself or wonder why God even loves me, this phrase always pops into my head. Before he said this statement, he asked the questions "what is the length that God pursues you? How much does He love me? What am I worth to Him? How valuable am I to God?"


" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

That verse that I had heard my entire life took on a whole new meaning that Sunday morning. I "knew" what it meant, but it's was like God decided to reveal a whole new aspect that I had never considered before.
So, if you are like me, and you have those days when the evil one seems to discourage you beyond what you can handle. You feel unloved and small and unimportant. I hope you remember these words and are encouraged.

"YOU are worth JESUS to God."