November 12, 2007

Thank you


This movie give me chills every time I watch it. It makes me cry every time I watch it. It reminds me again and again how much I have to be thankful for, these the freedoms I have. It's hard to watch. It's violent. The war is ugly. It's not for the faint of heart. It's not a feel-good 2 hours.
But it is astounding. Last night, I was in awe of the colors and the grit and the dreariness of it. The greens and greys and sharp contrast throughout. Just the whole feeling of it. The shots are Speilbergian. The performances are Oscar worthy. I love Tom Sizemore and Giovanni Ribisi and Adam Goldberg's especially. And the music... John William's score is so very emotional. He's at his best in this one.
I am reminded how much I owe to the men and women who even today sacrifice their lives so that I can be free. To all of them I give my deepest gratitude. I am humbled by your sacrifices. And a special thank you to those in my family who have served. My uncles, grandfathers and my dad. These are the heroes of our time.


***this post brought to you by Advil Cold & Sinus. Me and my mitro-valve pro-lapse love you for fighting my cold and not making my heart explode! You are my cold medicine of choice, even if I have to get you behind the counter now.

No comments: