January 23, 2008

it's still a favorite

I vividly remember seeing this in the theater in college about 2 or 3 times. One of my bestest girls was actually from Eerie, so it was a big deal.
There is something about this movie that still inspires me and makes me smile. And the music...I sing it for days after watching it. The song during the opening titles is one of my all time favorites.

The first paragraph in this post got me thinking today too. I've always felt like I was supposed to write a book. Just haven't gotten "the" idea yet. I kinda feel like this blog is a gateway sometimes. It forces me to write and come up with ideas. Maybe one day one of those ideas will be "the one." It doesn't have to be a best seller that makes tons of cash. I just want it to be mine and something I'm proud of. And if other people loved it too, well that would just be the icing on the cake.

Look how cute my little nephew is now. He turns one in just a few days. I'm headed to the frozen tundra for his pirate b-day party.

I really want one of these. I love this one and this one especially. Found her through one of my favorite Flickr-ites.

That about it. Oh, except that I did start reading Anne's House of Dreams again today at lunch. It was, once again, just as lovely as I remembered. I so dearly love that book.

No comments: