September 11, 2008

I never read that one

When I opened up Blogger this morning, this blog was on the top as a "blog of note." Basically, Blogger has this forever changing list of blogs for readers to try that the "Bloggers-that-be" think are good. This one sounded interesting, so I clicked and this was the post at the top. It referenced this article from the Washington Post.

And since I love getting lost in a new book almost more than a new TV show, I thought I would play along.

What book(s) are you embarrassed to have never read?

My answers:

So many classics like:
Dr. Zhivago
Anna Karenina
Great Expectations (no I take that back. I don't like Dickens. Oliver Twist was TORTURE.)
Jane Eyre
Emma, Northanger Abby, Mansfield Park (am getting through Jane Austen slowly and loving every one)
To Kill and Mockingbird


I've never read any of C.S. Lewis' "must reads" like:
The Four Loves
Mere Christianity
The Screwtape Letters
I have such a hard time getting through his stuff. I've only "read" Narnia (finished all except Silver Chair and The Last Battle) through radio drama, which I HIGHLY recommend.


What about you?

1 comment:

Gina said...

There are so many classics, it is embarrassing, but there are several I HAVE tried and I just can't do it. I need modern English for my simple brain to experience enjoyment. Life is too short and busy for me to struggle through a 500+ page book if I'm not feeling it. But I look forward to reading Chronicles with the kids pretty soon.
I have, however read Great Expectations, To Kill a Mockingbird, A Raisin in the Sun, Great Gatsby.
I have Ann Kerina (sp) if you want to borrow it.