September 26, 2008

The most glorious words in vacation language

“I’d like to extend my stay until Sunday.” - spoken by my dad today.

Yes, we decided to stay until Sunday because the sun FINALLY came out. It poured almost all day yesterday. Except for a short span of 30-45 minutes in the middle of the day, we were confined to the camper by the wind and rain. We read a lot, watched some Chuck (but had to ration our amount so we wouldn’t run out of episodes before we left. I’ve converted my parent to the wonder of Chuck. Yes!) and ate out at a seafood buffet.
Then last night….good gracious it was crazy windy. The dog was freaked out by the camper shaking so badly from the wind. And the rain. Sheesh. This morning we woke up to more clouds, but thankfully they broke and the rest of the day has been sunny and beautiful! The beach is FULL of everyone who has been cooped up for the last 2 days because of the rain.

When my parents asked what I wanted to do on vacation this year, I said “just relax.” And this vacation has been nothing but that. Relaxing and wonderful. One more day and then it’s back to the real world. But somehow it doesn’t seem so unbearable when I’ve been able to chill out for a while….ah, the wonder of vacation.

No comments: