September 30, 2008

Urban beauty

Thus begins my vacation pictures and stories....

Isn't this pretty?! It's a store. An Urban Outfitters (which I love and adore and want to have here so badly) to be exact. In downtown Charleston. Now, I love Urban just for it's cool items, but look at this building.



And the details in the ceiling and walls...



And this absolutely gorgeous chandelier....


The building was an old theater (I took these photos from the balcony that the article talks about). You can still see the lights and sandbags and curtains back by the dressing rooms in the back of the first picture. My parents were kind enough to let me stop in here when we walked by and now we're ALL glad we got to see this neat building. My parents when all over looking at all the details, and the associates were so kind and answered as many of their questions as they could.

Love it when stores don't demolish, but instead integrate INto the area. Wish more places could be like that...

No comments: