September 09, 2008

ah-hem

I have nothing tonight. Drawing a complete blank. I have a post all written out, but I don't like it and will probably delete it and start all over.

I ask myself what is that you want to hear tonight? What is it that you are willing to read when I've got nothin' to write? I must do something. I can't just leave it a big blank nothing for September 9th, the day that my vegetarian month comes to an end.

This is my solution. 3 things. A song. A photo. And a quote. These are the 3 things today (that aren't mine) that I choose to share.

#1. A song. One of my favorites. Two of my all time favorites together for one magical performance. I like to listen to this one on repeat for a while just to let it sink in. It also helps me forgive Josh for the great tragedy that befell me all those years ago.

#2. A photo (or the abundance of). I've gone back to stare at these about 5 times since I first saw them last night. They are perfection. I can't decide which I like better. I DO know that the little girls outfits are absolutely adorable! Tara is a true artist. I can't imagine seeing the world like she does.

#3 Here's the quote by Henri Nowen. It's a long one, but so worth it....

"Patience is a hard discipline. It's not just waiting until something happens over which we have no control: The arrival of the bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict. Patience is not waiting passively until someone else does something. Patience asks us to live the moment to its fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now, to be where we are. When we are impatient, we try to get away from where we are. We behave as if the real thing will happen tomorrow, later, and somewhere else. Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand."

Goes perfectly with this verse that I've got up next to my computer monitor...

"Give you entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matt. 6:34 (the Message)

That's all I've got tonight.

Goodnight and farewell until the morrow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

loved the quote... Exactly what I needed to read as it is something i'm struggling with. So, thank you!