May 03, 2010

Daydream believer


I'm a big daydreamer. I think it comes from having an over-active imagination. This same over-active imagination that had me putting on circus performances for my parents as a child or doing dance routines to old kids songs on records in our basement with my siblings. My imagination is always going.

I won't even begin to tell you how many different scenarios I imagined myself in today. It's almost embarrassing. And when I get stressed or really, really busy, I find myself staring off into space for minutes at a time just dreaming. I guess it's my brain's escape and way of coping.

Then my brother and I were talking on the phone (soon to be face to face!!) about movie ideas tonight. This is a normal topic of conversation for us. Both of us being production majors in college. We often talk about ideas we come up with and judge them.
Anyway, he asked me if I really did pursue ideas or if it was just a thing I think about every once in a while. And I honestly said, "yes, I think about it all the time." I really do. I'm constantly going over new ideas in my head. Writing books and screen plays. Thinking up chapter titles and great lines. Daydreaming, basically.



Are you a day dreamer? What do you think about?

No comments: