May 05, 2010

oh, boat rides...I love you


Today, we had THE most amazingly, beautiful weather in the entire world. And it just so happened that I was asked to drive the boat around for a while. Score. I took my D50 along to snap some photos.

There is nothing in the world that calms my soul and makes me love life like a boat ride. It's like magic somehow. I can breathe easier, deeper. I can let go of the craziness and stress around me. I can just be...

My mind has just been GO-ing like crazy lately. I can't turn it off at night. I stay up super late even though I'm exhausted. I wake up in the middle of the night with a million thoughts rolling around in my head. I dream weird dreams when I do sleep. And I read Psalm139 constantly. Oh, little month of May, how you do me in every year. And how thankful I am that...

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways."
Ps. 139:1-3


No comments: