May 28, 2008

I am His

"Fear not
for I have redeemed you
I have called you by your name;
You are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
And through the rivers,
They shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire,
You shall not be burned."
Is. 43:1-2


The Word has come alive these last few days as I search it, looking for something solid to grasp when my heart is heavy. Prayers are constantly at my lips. Everything else seems silly and "earthly" as my mind is constantly on the eternal. Things I usually waste my time on seem pointless and so very worthless in light of eternity.
I am so thankful that God is using this heartbreaking time to draw me to Him. As camp (training) begins this week, I am so ready to jump in with both feet and be used up for the Kingdom. I won't let the evil one lie to my heart and let precious moments go by.

p.s. Sorry to all of you that come here for happy posts. I just don't have it in me. My heart is so heavy and I want God to do with me what He wants. At this moment, that means tears and prayers. Not despair, but hope and peace amidst the pain. God knows the Chapman's (and those who surround them) need the prayers and, for some reason, He has (moment by moment) burdened my heart for them.

No comments: