August 25, 2008

from the palor to the pool room

I have been humming this song for days now.

Why?

I have no idea.

It just gets stuck in my head and I wake up in the middle of the night, in the pitch black singing...

"Stoooollll.
From the parlor to the poooolll room.
Every one needs a stool."

Then I fall back asleep only to wake up in the morning with it there again.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Last year, it was this song for months on end. Especially on my walk to work each morning. Over and over.

"There goes the baker with his tray like always.
The same old bread and rolls to sell.
Every morning just the same,
Since the morning that we came,
To this poor provincial town.
Good morning, Belle!"


And if you don't know what "Stool Boom" is from, well, you must go straight out and rent Waiting for Guffman. It's Christopher Guest's best movie in my opinion. Laughs in abundance.

No comments: