August 15, 2008

voluntary insomnia

photo credit: Phelps Semi Butterfly/AFP/Getty Images



Photo credit: LLUIS GENE/AFP/Getty Images

Is any one else suffering from Olympics insomnia? I can't fall asleep each night without watching it for hours. I'm SO tired after 10 weeks of camp, but I force myself to stay up each night because I'm glued to one event or another.

And whose brilliant idea was it for the gymnastics to start at 10:30pm?!! We only get to see the Americans and Chinese compete??!!! What about everyone else? I think I would rather have it the next night in a edited format. Then I wouldn't be so dog-on tired the next day staying up till 12:30am just to see what happened.

But I refuse to complain anymore cause I love it. Love, love, love it. The Olympics are like Christmas for 2 weeks. I can't get enough of it. And I tear up every time someone wins and medal. And I love "spending time" in China each night too. Good times all around!

No comments: