August 23, 2008

Why I'm not posting anything interesting on post #780....

#1. Trying to fix my DVD player. This involves completely taking it apart. So far, no success. I think it's time to finally get a new one.

#2. I got a HUGE stack of books at the library today. (prompted by this post from a favorite blogger.) My mission was to find a book to read on my plane ride next week. Plus, I've missed the library desperately during camp. I LOVE, truly LOVE it there. Here's what I got:
  • Mansfield Park (The next on my list of Austen classics to read for the first time. How sad I never read these when I was younger)
  • burned (This one is written in verse form. Started this in Borders a couple months ago. I get lost in the Young Adult section often.)
  • Into the Wild (I LOVED this movie and have heard the book is better. So excited to read this that I was skimming it at stoplights on my way home.)
  • The Unheard (The biography section was my downfall this time. I was there for an hour disappearing in all kinds of interesting paper bound treasures. This one caught my eye, too.)
  • Peter and the Starcatchers (Started this on audio book. It's been recommended by several friends. And I DO love any thing with Peter Pan!)
  • Jesus Land (Another biography section find.)
  • Educating Alice (The first book in this "series" is one of my all time favorite books. I've recommended it to tons of people. Can't wait to read this one too.)

#3 Listening to the Blue Crush and Marie Antoinette soundtracks. I like these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

#4 Getting my photo equipment together for a BIG gig a week from today. I'm so nervous about it. Truly! Thankfully, I got the last of the "must get's" today. And the new camera bag a got was a present from heaven. (Circuit City didn't have a tag on it so the associates had to go searching for a price. Long story short. I got this awesome bag at less than the retail price. I practically ran out of the store after I paid, afraid they would realize their mistake!)

#5. I spent hours online yesterday trying to finish up #4. I need a break.


I leave you with a link to another amazing Pioneer Woman post. This one from yesterday is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Into the Wild is a GREAT book. Now I want to read Into Thin Air.

Di