August 21, 2010

The facts....

  1. I did not want to leave the beach today. Not one little bit.
  2. The bed at our beach house was about 1,000% more comfortable than mine at home.
  3. Coming home from the ocean is the only time my river doesn't have that magic sparkle that it does every other time I come home.
  4. I finished The Book Thief last night at 1am.
  5. I can't stop thinking about the end of The Book Thief. It will be stuck in my brain for years. Super glad I bought this one cause it will be re-read many times.
  6. My niece calls my nephew "Wuukie." I think it sounds like "Wookie" which makes me ecstatic because my sister hates Star Wars and I adore it.
  7. I read the entirety (except for the last 20 pages which I have since finished) of Choosing to SEE on the ride home today. I feel emotionally drained. It was beautiful and hope-filled.
  8. Mockingjay comes out in 3 days and I'm in between books. It's a quick re-read of Catching Fire for me!
  9. Vacations should last longer than one week. They just should.
  10. I didn't wear make-up on vacation. (take back: 2 times at night for dinner out)
  11. I have a tan. This never happens. Thank you 8 weeks of beach duty during camp...
  12. I spent a lot of time day dreaming on vacation.
  13. I played games A LOT on this vacation. Not only that, but I actually wanted to and loved it. This is quite a big deal for this girl who usually HATES games. (Games played: Banangrams, Rummykub (a family vacation tradition from way back) Dominos Mexican Train style.) My family loves games.
  14. Topsail, NC is spectacular.

No comments: