March 11, 2008

Neighborhood punks brought to justice.....and a correction

Remember when my neighbor's house burned down? I do. I'm reminded every time I go to get the mail and see it's charred shell scarring the horizon. Today I heard about this article in the local paper.


Three teenagers were charged with arson Wednesday after county police linked them to a Feb. 12 fire that destroyed a home in ------.

Last month, police and county firefighters were called to the 100 block of ----- ----- about 3:15 a.m. When they arrived, they found an empty house engulfed in flames. It was a total loss, with $450,000 in damages, county Fire Department officials said.

During the investigation, police found several items from inside the home nearby. This made officers think the home had been burglarized before it burned to the ground, police said.

After a three-week investigation, officers discovered that three juveniles who live in -------- burglarized the house the night before the fire. They then set the home on fire and fled with stolen items.

Each juvenile was interviewed and confessed to the burglary and arson, police said. The gender and ages of the juveniles were not immediately available.

Police were able to link one of the juveniles to another unrelated ------- burglary, police said.

The juveniles were each charged with arson, burglary, and theft. They were released to their parents' custody.

I'm wondering if the "unrelated burglary" was when someone broke into our camp gift shop and stole about $400 worth of T-shirts and sweatshirts and bags. Just when you think your neighborhood is safe....

In other news....
I must retract something I wrote earlier with this comment from "the bro" who is always right even when I'm convinced that I am right.

"Actually "300" was made for a measly $60 million. I know that is still a lot compared to Once, but that is still nothing compared most of the other big blockbusters as of late. It went on to make $456 million when it was all said and done. I would call it a success."

Dang it all, I hate it when he's right again. How does he know so much?! Does anyone else suffer from a younger sibling whose abnormally smarter than you are? The kind that gets straight A's without studying. The kind that knows random facts for just about any conversation you may have. The kind that excels at every thing you are terrible at. The kind that you love so fiercely that you have to excuse them for making you feel stupid.

Once again, I stand corrected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I did have to look up what the exact budget amount was. I just remembered reading when it came out how it was made for a relatively low budget and how big a success it was. I don't try to be right all the time. I just can't help it.

Anonymous said...

crazy about the juvy's...I wonder if camp knows them?

DS