March 02, 2008

soaking it in


Oh, how I wish I could say that I thought about you all each moment that I was gone, but alas, that would be a lie. While I did REALLY missed writing down all of my thoughts and capturing them for you to enjoy, I also greatly enjoyed LIVING them. Just being in the moment. Soaking it up and letting it wash over me. Sometimes I get to focused on saving/immortalizing the moment instead of truly enjoying and living in it. This weekend I did more enjoying and have so many more memories because of it.

I was again reminded of what an enormous impact camp has made on my life. If I hadn't come here almost 10 years ago, I wouldn't have these amazing friends that I had the honor of sharing the weekend with. I wouldn't have the million memories that we all share. I wouldn't have friends all over the US, who once shared a little plot of land on the water's edge with me. I wouldn't have these amazing women to be accountable to and loved by and accepted with. They make my life sweeter. They show me Jesus over and over. They are the type of people I prayed to be friends with after I finished college and plunged into despair thinking I would never find people I "clicked" with anymore.


We are silly and stupid and we just love every minute we can spend together. We can do nothing and still have a great time. We are amazed at functions like this because we worked at a camp together and rarely see each other this dressed up. We sing songs and make jokes and maybe do a little dancing. Laughter is in abundance when we are all together. It's kinda hard to be serious for a long periods of time.


I'm so happy for dear, sweet AB. She was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. We shared a room together in the cottage for about 2 1/2 years. She is such a lovely soul. Her compassion and kindness are inspiring. I miss her living next door to me, but am so excited for her new chapter in life.

It was a great weekend, girls! I love each of you more than I can put together lots of pretty words to describe. Let's do it again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so funny! So JL, how did we look normal for the first pic, and I think AG knew she would be putting the 2nd pic on her blog...what do you think girls???? BT is my favorite in both pics. You're right JL, she is so cool now. I miss you all so much, but mine is not clinical.

DS

Anonymous said...

oh, and GR...what a belly!!!!!

Gina said...

What is JL doing? That's not a CW camper pose? Oh, maybe she was being Darryl.