December 11, 2010

11 things


Reverb10 + 11 Things
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


Yipes. This could be tough. Here goes....

1. Piles. I have piles of stuff (magazines, mail, craft supplies, books, linens that won't fit in my closet) around my room. They need to disappear. I go through them often, but I need to be better with throwing stuff away. I must say that living in a super tiny house limits the amount of things I can have. Just need to better with getting rid of more.

2. Clothes I don't wear. Time to clean out my closet. Important.

3. Negative thoughts. I think the evil one is really good at zapping my trust in the Father by just turning my thoughts against me. I need to be better at memorizing scripture to end that negativity.

4. Books. I hate giving away my books. I love being surrounded by them. But they have outgrown my shelf. Yes, I only have one. I can either buy more shelves, or learn to live with less.

5. Money. Yes, I know I technically need money to live. But each year I pray that the Lord will give me a new ministry to support. I think it's important to increase my giving more than increasing my stuff. And, no, that's not easy.

6. Stress. I would love to eliminate this. Completely. I know this isn't really possible, but I do think I need to be better at handling it.


That's all I can think of at the moment. Such a good thing to ponder. I need lists like this to keep me accountable.

No comments: