December 30, 2010

Books loved in 2010

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak I couldn't put this one down. I was up super late finishing it. And the story has stayed with me months later. ♥ ♥ ♥

2. Coraline by Neil Gaiman So fascinating. Delighfully creepy. A wonderful graphic novel adaptation.

3. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson A beautiful surprise found this summer.

4. Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery It never, ever gets old even after about 537 re-reads. My copy of this book is about 20 years old and is underlined and dog-eared and very well loved (all by me).


After hunting through my blog for the past year, I realized that I read a quite a bit this year. But most of the books weren't things I loved in the end. I read lots of "just ok" books. Kinda sad....

Time for some new recommendation, if you would be so kind.

5 comments:

stephanie said...

Blind Descent
A Table in the Presence
Trusting God Even when Life Hurts
Dear America
Under the Ice

these are all fantastic books- non-fiction that i still think about all the time.

stephanie said...

oops- it's called Coming Out of the Ice by Victor Herman.

Gina said...

the glass castle
same kind of different as me.

cottage girl said...

thanks!

Kales said...

I love Coraline. Have you read Stardust by Neil Gaiman? That's pretty good too. And The Graveyard Book. It won the Newberry Medal. Definitely read The Graveyard Book