December 03, 2010

liberty in the moment


Reverb10 + Prompt 3
Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

My drive home from Show Hope volunteering was one of those moments I will never forget. Jesus was speaking to me. I could feel His presence. Almost like a giant arm around me while I was sitting in the driver's seat. I couldn't stop crying. Big huge tears streaming down my face. I mopped them up with the back of my hand, brushing the water out of my eyes to see the road.

It was quiet except for the wind whipping by. No music. No radio. Silence. Just me and Jesus talking it out. Okay, honestly, I talk/pray out loud in my car all the time. So there was a lot of me talking and crying to make noise in the quiet car.

It was one of those moments where things that He had been trying to tell me for months...finally clicked. It just made sense. As long as I had Him, everything else was fine. Circumstances didn't matter. What I did with my life didn't matter. As long as He was the focus and pursing Him was my only goal, everything else will fall into place.

So simple, but so welcomed to hear again. Jesus. All that matters is Jesus. Terrifying and full of liberty all at the same time. I felt incredibly alive and free.

No comments: