May 31, 2011

spring where were you?


We skipped Spring this year.

It went straight from 60 degrees and pleasant to almost 100 degrees with the humidity today. You know how there are heat advisories and huge warnings that tell you to "stay out of the sun in the afternoon. seek air conditioning during the hottest part of the day?" Well that didn't really work for us today.

We (our full time staff plus one) spent the entire ridiculously hot day, outside strapped into harnesses and seeking shade for any second we could. It was high ropes training day. It always manages to fall on one of the hottest days of the entire year. Why, oh why?

Anyway, I got to do the zip line, leap of faith, caterpillar and the giant swing. And I sweat off half of my body weight. And try not to pass out because it was so freakin' hot. All the while thinking about how my dear little brother just posted this yesterday.

I thought about taking some photos, but then I realized my hands were so sweaty that I couldn't hold the camera without my fingers sliding off the top. Plus, they would have been all foggy because of how humid it was.

So, here's a photo of the flowers that the varmints didn't get the other night. They are much more bright and cheery than a sweaty, frizzy ponytailed Cottage Girl.

You're welcome.

No comments: