May 18, 2011

The Winnie-dog and I walked tonight


Granted it was just through my back yard because I was plum tuckered out when I finally crawled home at 6pm this evening.

It was yet another long day. Much of it spent outside in the rain.


You can't tell from theses photos, of course, but it poured buckets all morning, which was the exact time we had 80 middle schoolers here on a field trip. Poor dears. They were soaked to the skin by the time they got on their buses this afternoon. But they had fun. Yes, the did.


And we were all happy to serve them. Then it was back to the office for filing of important papers and copying of many more papers. And answering of many phone calls.


I think we deserved and nice short walk through the back yard and down the pier (where I spend the rain soaked morning). Plus, lying on the end of the pier in the sunshine is still one of my very favorite things in the entire world. It is the definition of p-e-a-c-e.

Would you just look at the shot my little point and shoot caught? Kinda makes me tear up. Sometimes I get so frustrated with it because I want it to be my SLR. It's not. It can't be. But sometimes it gives me little gems like this one and I forgive it all over again.


Yours truly,

Cottage Girl

No comments: